Using Scenarios to Solve Problems
Using Scenarios to Solve Problems · Monday, November 2 · 8:30am – 5:30pm · Pacific D
Delve into journey mapping, create scenarios that identify and resolve design issues, and deliver solutions that delight users. Break down internal silos so you can build user-driven experiences.
Stop letting organizational processes get in the way of real solutions. Learn powerful sketching and collaboration techniques that will align your teams.
The Day’s Agenda
In the Morning
Dig into how scenario-driven design gets teams on the same page
- The what, why, and how of scenarios, data-driven stories about your users
- How scenarios relate to Agile user stories
- When to use personas (or not) in your scenarios to deliver insights on what to design
Create journey maps to understand the users’ current experience
- Understand the entire user experience, across your organizational silos boundaries
- Identify which parts of the journey will require the most attention
- Make the next steps clear to the entire team by creating the right artifacts
In the Afternoon
Generate delightful design solutions using the power of storytelling
- Identify important requirements with your personas’ human qualities
- Get agreement on vision before settling on specific solutions
- Master storytelling as a tool for selling your ideas
Integrate scenarios into your daily work
- Techniques for using scenarios to drive structure and flow
- Take advantage of scenario-driven sketching for quick iterations and idea refinement
- Use scenarios to support design decisions at the pixel level
A Framework for Making Design Decisions
Stop feature creep and design debates
Some people jump from user research to “here’s how it ought to work” without connecting solutions to data. Use journey maps and scenarios to translate user research into a plan.
Bridge the gap across teams and devices
Everyone on your team—and every element in your design—needs to work toward a single experience. See how awesome it is when people consider UX transitions between platforms or teams.
Unsuck your existing user experience
Find out when your users feel frustrated—and why—at every touch point in their journey. Hear how their answers change as they progress, then use their emotion to inform your decisions.
You’ll learn how to…
- Get to a common view of problems, letting scenarios drive your thinking
- Apply scenarios to describe the cross-channel experience
- Slip scenarios into your Agile, waterfall, or hybrid process
- Understand the big picture design priorities with scenarios as your guide
- Tie research data directly to the cross-platform solutions you create
- Visualize your solutions with rich, accessible stories and sketches
Save Your Time and Sanity with Scenario Design
Deliver more powerful, compelling designs
Translate the flow and emotion of a good story to your UX, then follow users on their journeys.
Establish a coherent design process
Use scenarios to connect the dots from one part of a design to another, inform your early sketches, and provide design insights about users' needs.
Implement a UX-driven process for defining requirements
Use data-driven and human-centered scenarios to drive your product requirements.
Encourage multi-channel team collaboration
Get colleagues to talk openly, solve problems, and design cross-device experiences together.
Using Scenarios to Solve Problems,
On Tuesday, Kim Goodwin presents Boosting Research and Design Adoption.
There are 3 other options on Monday
Get all 9 talks for just $99
Don’t wait. The price goes up January 24.